• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,826 - $31,535.

10/7.0

Based on 21 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

If you owned a TSX you will not like the ILX

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "It does look nice"

Cons: "Overpriced Civic not worth 34k"

"I traded in my TSX and purchased an ILX Hybrid with Tech. I regret this purchase with all my heart and I am very close to taking a loss and trading it in I am that unhappy with it. The handling and breaking are nothing like the TSX, I am not even going to comment on the acceleration, it's a joke. The trunk is over 4 cubic feet smaller and the seats don't go down because there are batteries in the trunk. There is hardly any storage in the cabin, the only thing you could fit in the door would be a water bottle. The sound system sounds far from premium, the blue tooth is very poor quality, the tires are an inch smaller and look puny. I don't know what I was thinking buying this car. Oh and I haven't been able to get over 35 mpg highway yet. Acura made a big mistake with this car. IT IS NOT WORTH 34k, and I would NEVER recommend this to a friend, family member or a stranger. It's the worst feeling ever being so disappointed with a big purchase like this. If you owned a TSX and loved it then I promise you will hate the ILX."

A great looking luxury hybrid

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Car exterior looks, interior comfort"

Cons: "Hybrid stop/start kinetics are not the smoothest"

"I bought this 2013 ILX Hybrid with Technology packing as a CPO with 800 miles on it. For the price paid and the remaining warranty I am very happy with the value I received. I test drove a Accord, Civic, Focus and Countryman in my efforts to find a new car. Pro’s – great exterior look, very sporty. Comfortable front seats, nice leather. Great Mileage – for me averaging 40mpg. Decent back seat legroom. Great stereo system. Nice to have a USB input for my own songs. Cabin noise is low. Steering is very light, I like that but for some the road feel may be missing. Keyless entry and start. Back up camera. entertainment screen is of decent size. Hands free commands of phone, radio ect (still working on using this feature) Con’s - Stop/start w/ hybrid is a bit jerky ie let off the brake, motor comes on then accelerate. If you want to avoid this put the car in sport mode and the motor does not shut off at a stop. Some hesitation at certain speeds when accelerating (typically lower ones 5 -10 MPH). AC system Fan is controlled by up/down buttons, i would have preferred a turnable knob as i have to glance down to find these smallish buttons. Overall very happy and I am looking forward to driving this car for the next few years"

Great "little" luxury car.

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, styling"

Cons: "No memory front seats. no Apple interface"

"I really like this car after having an '01 3.2 CL Type S. It doesn't have the same refinement as the old CL (uses the Civic driveline), but the gas mileage picks up for that. I average 25,000 per year and I've been able to stay at 33.6 MPG combined for the entire time. The majority of my commute is highway, so YMMV. It drives just like I remember my CL to drive and having owned an '07 Accord prior to this, I'm looking forward to only having to change plugs at 100K. Nice that they are right on top too. I use AmsOil, so oil changes are every 25,000 miles with a new filter each time the oil minder light comes on. I've been able to run "regular" gas without any issues with drivability or mileage loss. No issues other than a recall a few months back, but I was in an Acura loaner (TSX) for the day while the work was done. Overall a very nice little car. Seating for 5 is a stretch with my 3 boys across the back (ages 10, 8, 6), so it really is just good for 4 regular sized adults."

So far not bad

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "nice seats, nice steering wheel, nice sound system"

Cons: "no power pass. seat, no turn signal side mirrors"

"Been reading a lot of the reviews, read one that did not like the sound system, funny when you buy entry level luxury car you don't the strip model you get the tech pkg. or you don't buy entry level cars, silly guy, anyway car is nice, great feel, no problems so far..."

ILX 2.0 Base model

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "reliable, smooth drive, entry level luxury"

Cons: "poor acceleration, poor sound system, overpriced"

"I don't not like this car, and going from a civic to this was nice, but the drive is a little to similar. In fact, I think my civic had a little more oomph when I pressed down on the pedal. I did use to have an RSX and was hoping this would be similar driving wise, which it is not. The standard features are nice, I love having a moonroof and blue tooth, but with a pricetag almost $10k more than my civic and only about $3k less then a BMW 3 or Audi3 it seems a little lacking. I hear that leather seats are included on the 2014 model which is a step in the right direction. Overall I like it enough to not be upset with my 36 month lease, and it looks nice enough that people take a second look, but I will most likely step up to a TSX or go for a BMW when the lease expires."