• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,307 - $31,900.

10/7.0

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

A more grown-up Civic Si

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, fun-to-drive, generous feature list"

Cons: "No Navi opt, could use more distinction between Si"

I waited 2 weeks for the Fathom Blue color, it was worth the wait :)

"Let me first start by saying that the ILX was not at the top of my list when I began searching for a new car last year. I had my mind set on a new Volkswagen GLI or Civic Si. I was set on buying a sporty, fun to drive sedan with a manual transmission and good fuel-economy that was under $30,000. I also wanted a good amount of premium features as I was trading up from a somewhat basic Honda Fit. When I looked at the Si, I felt it to be quick and fun but lacking in luxury features. Its loud cabin and stiff ride also didn't fit what I was looking for. The GLI was the more refined choice, it had the luxury features I was looking for, but was still quick enough when I wanted to do some spirited driving. I was about to get the VW but it's higher price was an issue, I also wasn't thrilled on the high depreciation and lower reliability ratings. I remembered the ILX at the last minute and although its MSRP was higher, Acura dealers were willing to discount the car significantly and it made it less expensive than a GLI. I did lose the factory navigation but Acura's tech package is getting old anyways. The ILX effectively blends the sporting character of the Si but gives me that softer ride, higher quality interior, and premium features I was looking for. The 2.4L engine is smooth, quick to rev, and powerful pushing the lighter ILX to 60 quicker than the turbocharged and heavier GLI. I've been averaging 27 MPG in mostly city driving with a heavy foot. Overall, after a year of ownership, there are some things I want to change about the car, but there's also a lot of like and for those of you who want a small, efficient, and fun to drive luxury sedan the ILX 6-speed is a great choice."

I waited 2 weeks for the Fathom Blue color, it was worth the wait :)

If you owned a TSX you will not like the ILX

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "It does look nice"

Cons: "Overpriced Civic not worth 34k"

"I traded in my TSX and purchased an ILX Hybrid with Tech. I regret this purchase with all my heart and I am very close to taking a loss and trading it in I am that unhappy with it. The handling and breaking are nothing like the TSX, I am not even going to comment on the acceleration, it's a joke. The trunk is over 4 cubic feet smaller and the seats don't go down because there are batteries in the trunk. There is hardly any storage in the cabin, the only thing you could fit in the door would be a water bottle. The sound system sounds far from premium, the blue tooth is very poor quality, the tires are an inch smaller and look puny. I don't know what I was thinking buying this car. Oh and I haven't been able to get over 35 mpg highway yet. Acura made a big mistake with this car. IT IS NOT WORTH 34k, and I would NEVER recommend this to a friend, family member or a stranger. It's the worst feeling ever being so disappointed with a big purchase like this. If you owned a TSX and loved it then I promise you will hate the ILX."

A great looking luxury hybrid

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Car exterior looks, interior comfort"

Cons: "Hybrid stop/start kinetics are not the smoothest"

"I bought this 2013 ILX Hybrid with Technology packing as a CPO with 800 miles on it. For the price paid and the remaining warranty I am very happy with the value I received. I test drove a Accord, Civic, Focus and Countryman in my efforts to find a new car. Pro’s – great exterior look, very sporty. Comfortable front seats, nice leather. Great Mileage – for me averaging 40mpg. Decent back seat legroom. Great stereo system. Nice to have a USB input for my own songs. Cabin noise is low. Steering is very light, I like that but for some the road feel may be missing. Keyless entry and start. Back up camera. entertainment screen is of decent size. Hands free commands of phone, radio ect (still working on using this feature) Con’s - Stop/start w/ hybrid is a bit jerky ie let off the brake, motor comes on then accelerate. If you want to avoid this put the car in sport mode and the motor does not shut off at a stop. Some hesitation at certain speeds when accelerating (typically lower ones 5 -10 MPH). AC system Fan is controlled by up/down buttons, i would have preferred a turnable knob as i have to glance down to find these smallish buttons. Overall very happy and I am looking forward to driving this car for the next few years"

Great "little" luxury car.

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, styling"

Cons: "No memory front seats. no Apple interface"

"I really like this car after having an '01 3.2 CL Type S. It doesn't have the same refinement as the old CL (uses the Civic driveline), but the gas mileage picks up for that. I average 25,000 per year and I've been able to stay at 33.6 MPG combined for the entire time. The majority of my commute is highway, so YMMV. It drives just like I remember my CL to drive and having owned an '07 Accord prior to this, I'm looking forward to only having to change plugs at 100K. Nice that they are right on top too. I use AmsOil, so oil changes are every 25,000 miles with a new filter each time the oil minder light comes on. I've been able to run "regular" gas without any issues with drivability or mileage loss. No issues other than a recall a few months back, but I was in an Acura loaner (TSX) for the day while the work was done. Overall a very nice little car. Seating for 5 is a stretch with my 3 boys across the back (ages 10, 8, 6), so it really is just good for 4 regular sized adults."

So far not bad

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "nice seats, nice steering wheel, nice sound system"

Cons: "no power pass. seat, no turn signal side mirrors"

"Been reading a lot of the reviews, read one that did not like the sound system, funny when you buy entry level luxury car you don't the strip model you get the tech pkg. or you don't buy entry level cars, silly guy, anyway car is nice, great feel, no problems so far..."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next