• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $25,482 - $26,774.

10/7.0

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great small luxury sedan

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

"After 9 years owning Audis I traded my last A4 for the ILX. I loved my Audi but the repair cost post warranty is just too high. Comparing the IL X to the entry level offerings from Lexus, infinity, BMW and Volvo made the decision easy. The ILX is better looking than all of them and the price lower. The car is so roomy in the front and the finish of the cabin and exterior is very luxurious. The reviews which criticize rear passenger room make no sense to me since all the compact luxury sedans have cramped rear seats. Driving performance is great, while not as invigorating as the German offerings, but with grater promised reliability and lower costs ( maintenance, regular gas and thousands lower List Price) it fits perfectly with a young professionals lifestyle. In this economy us gen x and y folks want to drive a high end vehicle with style and performance but we don't want to sacrifice saving for the future, paying down the mortgage or going into debt all to carry a huge car payment. The ilx fits the bill perfectly."

EXCEEDS NEW MODEL EXPECTATIONS

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "LOVE THE LOOK & DRIVING CHARACTERISTICS & CURRENT"

Cons: "MISS EXTRA ZIP & STORAGE OF OUR LARGER TSX"

"HAVE DRIVEN HONDA PRODUCTS SINCE 1996 AFTER DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCES WITH OLDS AND PONTIAC. PURCHASED OUR 1ST ACURAS IN 1992. SINCE OWNED INTEGRA'S CL'S, TL'S & TSX'S. WANTED A SWEET SMALL LUXURY SEDAN AGAIN TO COMPLIMENT OUR TSX, AND THE NEW ILX FITS THE BILL. TEST DROVE TWICE, 2 MONTHS APART AND WAS SOLD. GREAT INTERIOR LOOK & COMFORT FOR A SMALLER SEDAN, FRONT & REAR. TECH PACKAGE IS GREAT. SUPER AUDIO, GPS & VOICE COMMAND SYSTEMS. WIFE LOVES IT. HEAD TURNER STYLING. EXPECTING SAME SERVICE AND QUALITY WE'VE COME TO KNOW WITH ACURA & HONDA."

Best looking and efficient hybrid on the market

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Premium Car, Great on Gas, spacious"

Cons: "Not excatly fast, no memory seats"

"We leased this vehicle out last year a month after going on sale. My wife has been driving it about 56 miles to work and back 5 days a week(yes us Californians with our crazy long commutes). I was skeptical with the advertised mileage at 39/38 city/hwy. But after almost a year it's been hitting that number over and over again! I've managed to squeeze 42 combined sometimes but in my opinion your not driving anymore if your trying to get to those numbers. After the MDX this this is SLOW, but after a civic, this feels rich! It's definitely the best looking hybrid for the price and comfort. Its an Acura and residual value is never a concern. I'm sure future revisions of the ILX will only get better!"

Great price great car

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "Less price, more mileage, Luxury"

Cons: "No passenger power seat, no telescopic steering"

"I bought in January and I love it. Perfect for today's gas price with luxury. Handling and driving is very smooth and quite. Previously I owned G35 power of which I miss the most. But when it comes to filling up the tank I always think I made a smart choice. Hard disk in the vehicle is a very cool feature. I don't have to carry my CD's. I can just load CD's and it will automatically copy to the HDD. Advertised mileage on highway is 35, took a long trip and I actually got 35."

There's more to life than horsepower

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "TOP comfort, features, & refinement for the value"

Cons: "Low on power, suspension on the softer side"

"I was apprehensive about this car at first. I drive an American performance-oriented car and my wife drove an old Honda Accord sedan. Recently we realized that we need a replacement for her car and started shopping around. We had around $30,000 to play with and were going to settle for something like a Mazda6 or a Buick Verano when this car caught our attention. --- At first, I was unimpressed. 150 horses isn't a lot, though the car is pretty small and light.. About 500 lbs lighter than the Accord sedan it would replace. We were disappointed that the "sporty" model with the highly-lauded and high revving Civic Si engine did not come with automatic (I guess that makes sense) or technology package (meaning no Nav). Wife doesn't want to drive stick every day, so we were suck with the 150 horses. --- I'll admit, it's slow. But after taking a couple of test drives in this car plus some others, I've come to the conclusion that contrary to what my mindset was before looking at this car - remember I drive a performance-oriented American car - there really is more to life than horsepower. The engine has enough spunk to speed off from a stop sign with ease, and just enough to make passing maneuvers on the highway safe and not a struggle. You won't win any stoplight derbies against anyone actually trying, though. --- What makes up for it is everything else. The styling is attractive. The 2014 model has a standard upgraded interior. The center console is elegantly designed for this price range and very intuitive, like on most Hondas/Acuras. Nothing superfluous or overly-complicated. The seats are comfortable, even for long trips, and the leather is high quality. --- The driving dynamics, OTHER than the power, are great too. Typical Honda/Acura light steering, which lets you handle the car with ease, but with a decent amount of feedback from the wheel compared to other brands that offer light steering with little driving feedback at all. Very good handling for a front-wheel drive car, with almost unnoticeable torque-steer under load. The engine is also buttery-smooth and very refined, as are most Honda 4 cylinder engines. No, it's not the Si engine, but it feels almost as happy to rev (and believe me, you'll have to). The suspension is a little soft, definitely not sport-tuned, but for an entry luxury car, I didn't expect the suspension to have the tightness of a sports car. Overall, averaging about 30 mpg, so no complaints there. --- Value-wise, this is a STEAL. We paid right around $30,000 for a smartly designed car with all the right features - Leather, well-designed nav/infotainment system, backup camera, Pandora radio, voice control, bluetooth all integrated, and a lot more. Can't think of many cars in this price range that offer all of these features in such a nice package. --- Overall, I think we made the right choice. Maybe it's a little frustrating to have to mash the gas pedal to get some oomph out of the car, but everything else falls right into place. Also, unlike with other brands, we know that Honda/Acura make quality cars that are built to last. Our Accord had over 200K miles on it and was still going strong with its 4 cylinder engine, so we have no doubt that this car will do the same. I would highly recommend this car to any of my friends, as well as anyone reading this review."

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next