2014 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,542 - $24,819.

10/7.0

Based on 17 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Great small luxury sedan

By on Monday, February 18, 2013

"After 9 years owning Audis I traded my last A4 for the ILX. I loved my Audi but the repair cost post warranty is just too high. Comparing the IL X to the entry level offerings from Lexus, infinity, BMW and Volvo made the decision easy. The ILX is better looking than all of them and the price lower. The car is so roomy in the front and the finish of the cabin and exterior is very luxurious. The reviews which criticize rear passenger room make no sense to me since all the compact luxury sedans have cramped rear seats. Driving performance is great, while not as invigorating as the German offerings, but with grater promised reliability and lower costs ( maintenance, regular gas and thousands lower List Price) it fits perfectly with a young professionals lifestyle. In this economy us gen x and y folks want to drive a high end vehicle with style and performance but we don't want to sacrifice saving for the future, paying down the mortgage or going into debt all to carry a huge car payment. The ilx fits the bill perfectly."

EXCEEDS NEW MODEL EXPECTATIONS

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "LOVE THE LOOK & DRIVING CHARACTERISTICS & CURRENT"

Cons: "MISS EXTRA ZIP & STORAGE OF OUR LARGER TSX"

"HAVE DRIVEN HONDA PRODUCTS SINCE 1996 AFTER DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCES WITH OLDS AND PONTIAC. PURCHASED OUR 1ST ACURAS IN 1992. SINCE OWNED INTEGRA'S CL'S, TL'S & TSX'S. WANTED A SWEET SMALL LUXURY SEDAN AGAIN TO COMPLIMENT OUR TSX, AND THE NEW ILX FITS THE BILL. TEST DROVE TWICE, 2 MONTHS APART AND WAS SOLD. GREAT INTERIOR LOOK & COMFORT FOR A SMALLER SEDAN, FRONT & REAR. TECH PACKAGE IS GREAT. SUPER AUDIO, GPS & VOICE COMMAND SYSTEMS. WIFE LOVES IT. HEAD TURNER STYLING. EXPECTING SAME SERVICE AND QUALITY WE'VE COME TO KNOW WITH ACURA & HONDA."

Best looking and efficient hybrid on the market

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Premium Car, Great on Gas, spacious"

Cons: "Not excatly fast, no memory seats"

"We leased this vehicle out last year a month after going on sale. My wife has been driving it about 56 miles to work and back 5 days a week(yes us Californians with our crazy long commutes). I was skeptical with the advertised mileage at 39/38 city/hwy. But after almost a year it's been hitting that number over and over again! I've managed to squeeze 42 combined sometimes but in my opinion your not driving anymore if your trying to get to those numbers. After the MDX this this is SLOW, but after a civic, this feels rich! It's definitely the best looking hybrid for the price and comfort. Its an Acura and residual value is never a concern. I'm sure future revisions of the ILX will only get better!"

Great price great car

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "Less price, more mileage, Luxury"

Cons: "No passenger power seat, no telescopic steering"

"I bought in January and I love it. Perfect for today's gas price with luxury. Handling and driving is very smooth and quite. Previously I owned G35 power of which I miss the most. But when it comes to filling up the tank I always think I made a smart choice. Hard disk in the vehicle is a very cool feature. I don't have to carry my CD's. I can just load CD's and it will automatically copy to the HDD. Advertised mileage on highway is 35, took a long trip and I actually got 35."

A more grown-up Civic Si

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, fun-to-drive, generous feature list"

Cons: "No Navi opt, could use more distinction between Si"

I waited 2 weeks for the Fathom Blue color, it was worth the wait :)

"Let me first start by saying that the ILX was not at the top of my list when I began searching for a new car last year. I had my mind set on a new Volkswagen GLI or Civic Si. I was set on buying a sporty, fun to drive sedan with a manual transmission and good fuel-economy that was under $30,000. I also wanted a good amount of premium features as I was trading up from a somewhat basic Honda Fit. When I looked at the Si, I felt it to be quick and fun but lacking in luxury features. Its loud cabin and stiff ride also didn't fit what I was looking for. The GLI was the more refined choice, it had the luxury features I was looking for, but was still quick enough when I wanted to do some spirited driving. I was about to get the VW but it's higher price was an issue, I also wasn't thrilled on the high depreciation and lower reliability ratings. I remembered the ILX at the last minute and although its MSRP was higher, Acura dealers were willing to discount the car significantly and it made it less expensive than a GLI. I did lose the factory navigation but Acura's tech package is getting old anyways. The ILX effectively blends the sporting character of the Si but gives me that softer ride, higher quality interior, and premium features I was looking for. The 2.4L engine is smooth, quick to rev, and powerful pushing the lighter ILX to 60 quicker than the turbocharged and heavier GLI. I've been averaging 27 MPG in mostly city driving with a heavy foot. Overall, after a year of ownership, there are some things I want to change about the car, but there's also a lot of like and for those of you who want a small, efficient, and fun to drive luxury sedan the ILX 6-speed is a great choice."

I waited 2 weeks for the Fathom Blue color, it was worth the wait :)

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next