2014 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,178 - $24,571.

10/7.0

Based on 26 Ratings for the 2013 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

quite, driving experience is good.

By on Monday, April 27, 2015

Pros: "sweet ride, vert quick"

Cons: "more interior colors, more rear head room"

"much better than the 2013 model we had, could not wait to trade up, new Acura had to up the anti on this one cause competitors where widening the gap anyways Acura needs to make more rear head room, where is the lumbar for the driver, they also need the heads up displays like Mazda has done, also very important people want more interior colors just 2, have to be creative like Volkswagen has done..."

Best small luxury for the money.

By on Monday, April 13, 2015

Pros: "value, features, design, sportiness"

Cons: "head room."

"I'd like to start with the point that this is the best small luxury sedan for the money. No other luxury makers offer so much for the same price. A3, CLA250, 320i all cost almost $30k, and if you add same number of options as ILX has you might be looking at $35k+ New ILX is not slow and Sport mode really bring car to life. It sounds great when you push throttle hard. Transmission is nice and smooth. Driving dynamics is decent. Bluetooth is crystal clear, I was very surprised with microphone quality. Headlights along with day running lights and LED turn signals are beautiful and very bright, no issues at night whats so ever. Rear lights are very stylish too. So far everything works great in this car. The only con is so far head room for tall individuals, you might find it a little bit uncomfortable if you taller than 6', but it's not horrible."

life Again

By on Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Pros: "Great price, good on gas, style."

Cons: "Not roomy."

"I purchased the 2016 ILX about a week ago. Almost immediately had buyers remorse but that faded very quickly. The car is beautiful, small, and has enough technology to keep you occupied. It's quiet, smooth, and comfortable enough for its size. I'm 6'0 and still feel very comfortable driving this car. I bought the premium package and have yet to discover all the potential this car has. It is definitely an entire step up from the 2015 and before models."

only for the young and nimble

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

"If you are 5'10 200lbs you will find it uncomfortable getting in and out. Also the hand break handle nubs your right leg. The operating manual is a bird's nest of instructions"

Perfect balance of everything

By on Saturday, March 07, 2015

"Perfect balance of value, quality & luxury"

Luxury Commuter Car - Love it!

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Luxury design, Tech Package, Great Price"

Cons: "No memory seats, Only driver seat is electric"

"This is my 5th Acura and I will drive any of them. My lease was up for my MDX and I decided to go with the ILX (w/Tech Pkg) because I have a longer commute now. I have driven the ILX as a loaner car a few times and it's hard to believe this is a little 4-banger. It's not going to ride smooth like the higher end Acuras, but I feel very comfortable in it. This car has some pep and it takes corners well. The interior has a luxury look and the exterior has great lines. And it takes regular gas!! If you are looking for a commuter car that looks expensive and drives great, definitely consider the ILX."

One of the best cars

By on Saturday, February 07, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive and great gas mileage"

Cons: "not as much power as the other Acuras"

"This ILX Hybrid is the 5th Acura I have owned. All purchased from the same dealership. This car is one of the most fun to drive although it doesn't have near the power or acceleration as the others I have owned. Fun to drive and very easy to park. Forty miles to a gallon on the highway isn't too bad either. I just hope that Acura comes out with another hybrid next year so we can trade in our other Acura and buy one for my wife."

Worth the extra cash

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Pros: "great interior, fun tech features, sleek exterior"

Cons: "kinda slow, need snow tires, expensive parts"

"Great car for those who want something that looks more sophisticated than a Honda Civic or Mazda 3. The exterior of the car is seamless and is more appealing to me than the previous mentioned. It just looks more expensive. The alloy wheels are nice feature that increases its appeal. I love the interior the most. The steering wheel is comfortable, the controls are all within my arm's length and the heated leather seats are a must in the winter. Not much leg room in the back seat but I have sat back there and I am 5'4" and had plenty of room if the front seat wasn't all the way back. The audio display screen looks very similar to the Civic and seems slightly outdated to me. I didn't like the look of the navigation so I didn't waste the extra money upgrading to the Tech Package. Using the HandsFreeLink and Bluetooth capabilities are easy to use. The back-up camera actually is helpful for parallel parking. I never need to dig around for my keys because of the keyless ignition and entry. Even works for the trunk! Easier to push a button than dig around for keys with your hands full of groceries. I really wish the engine was more powerful. I only have a 2.0L automatic and it's pretty pathetic with it's 150 horsepower. Not very quick in the lower gears but it's ok when trying to pass someone if you're going over 55mph. My brother's 201 horsepower Civic Si leaves me in the dust:( The car is bigger and heavier than the Civic Si and if you are set on better performance, I would suggest at least the 2.4L or sticking with the Civic Si. I heard a rumor the 2016 ILX base model was going to have more horsepower so maybe wait or purchase the 2016 model. I don't really get the point of the paddle shifters in this car. It's not fast and if you don't shift into the right gear, it will shift for you eventually. I never use them and they seem lame compared to an actual floor shifter. The car is not that great in the snow. I don't have snow tires on but my '97 Civic was easier to maneuver through the snow and this was slightly disappointing to me. Beware that parts and repairs will be more expensive. I have had my car for 8 months and I think I am a magnet for careless people. I had dents in my right fender from car doors slamming into my car 3 months in. Some spots have chips in the paint. All minor cosmetics, but someone just recently side swiped the right fender creasing it along with graciously providing large scuffs down to the primer. My right fender needs to be replaced and I am not looking forward to the cost of that. At least it is all on one body panel:) I feel like gas mileage is comparable to the Civic and I put premium gas in mine. If you can, rotate your own tires and change your own oil unless you want to spend $80. When I bought this car, I was deciding between the ILX, Honda Civic, Mazda 6, and Hyundai Elantra. I would still pick the ILX over these any day."

Nice car

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I don't own this car

"Offered as either a cargo van or as a passenger wagon, all models are powered by a 178-hp 2.4-liter four-cylinder mated to a nine-speed automatic driving the front wheels."

Just made 10,000mi with my ILX!

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Great looking and easy to park"

Cons: "Road noise and lack of power are irritating!"

"Just made 10,000mi with my 2013 ILX - 5 Speed w/Tech. pckg.- I love the look and size of this car. I have Crimson Garnet with the beige interior so it is very good looking. Only disappoints are road noise and lack of power upon accerating. I wish the 200HP engine was available with the automatic. Sometimes I think I should have gotten the manual, but then you can't get the tech. pckg. - Also, I think they added more noise insulation in 2014 and that would be a help. I believe the next time this car is changed the engine will be larger."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next