• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,808 - $31,454.

10/7.1

8.4

Based on 14 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Acura is the way to go for any model - "great car"

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Interior and great gas mileage"

Cons: "hand rests by the driver's door are too low"

"I fell in love with this car the moment I saw it at the dealer's showroom. Even though, I feel like I paid a bit more than what I wanted, I am truly enjoying my ILX. It is one of the best cars I have driven so far. Acura makes quality cars and ILX is a perfection from them."

There's more to life than horsepower

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "TOP comfort, features, & refinement for the value"

Cons: "Low on power, suspension on the softer side"

"I was apprehensive about this car at first. I drive an American performance-oriented car and my wife drove an old Honda Accord sedan. Recently we realized that we need a replacement for her car and started shopping around. We had around $30,000 to play with and were going to settle for something like a Mazda6 or a Buick Verano when this car caught our attention. --- At first, I was unimpressed. 150 horses isn't a lot, though the car is pretty small and light.. About 500 lbs lighter than the Accord sedan it would replace. We were disappointed that the "sporty" model with the highly-lauded and high revving Civic Si engine did not come with automatic (I guess that makes sense) or technology package (meaning no Nav). Wife doesn't want to drive stick every day, so we were suck with the 150 horses. --- I'll admit, it's slow. But after taking a couple of test drives in this car plus some others, I've come to the conclusion that contrary to what my mindset was before looking at this car - remember I drive a performance-oriented American car - there really is more to life than horsepower. The engine has enough spunk to speed off from a stop sign with ease, and just enough to make passing maneuvers on the highway safe and not a struggle. You won't win any stoplight derbies against anyone actually trying, though. --- What makes up for it is everything else. The styling is attractive. The 2014 model has a standard upgraded interior. The center console is elegantly designed for this price range and very intuitive, like on most Hondas/Acuras. Nothing superfluous or overly-complicated. The seats are comfortable, even for long trips, and the leather is high quality. --- The driving dynamics, OTHER than the power, are great too. Typical Honda/Acura light steering, which lets you handle the car with ease, but with a decent amount of feedback from the wheel compared to other brands that offer light steering with little driving feedback at all. Very good handling for a front-wheel drive car, with almost unnoticeable torque-steer under load. The engine is also buttery-smooth and very refined, as are most Honda 4 cylinder engines. No, it's not the Si engine, but it feels almost as happy to rev (and believe me, you'll have to). The suspension is a little soft, definitely not sport-tuned, but for an entry luxury car, I didn't expect the suspension to have the tightness of a sports car. Overall, averaging about 30 mpg, so no complaints there. --- Value-wise, this is a STEAL. We paid right around $30,000 for a smartly designed car with all the right features - Leather, well-designed nav/infotainment system, backup camera, Pandora radio, voice control, bluetooth all integrated, and a lot more. Can't think of many cars in this price range that offer all of these features in such a nice package. --- Overall, I think we made the right choice. Maybe it's a little frustrating to have to mash the gas pedal to get some oomph out of the car, but everything else falls right into place. Also, unlike with other brands, we know that Honda/Acura make quality cars that are built to last. Our Accord had over 200K miles on it and was still going strong with its 4 cylinder engine, so we have no doubt that this car will do the same. I would highly recommend this car to any of my friends, as well as anyone reading this review."

A more grown-up Civic Si

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, fun-to-drive, generous feature list"

Cons: "No Navi opt, could use more distinction between Si"

I waited 2 weeks for the Fathom Blue color, it was worth the wait :)

"Let me first start by saying that the ILX was not at the top of my list when I began searching for a new car last year. I had my mind set on a new Volkswagen GLI or Civic Si. I was set on buying a sporty, fun to drive sedan with a manual transmission and good fuel-economy that was under $30,000. I also wanted a good amount of premium features as I was trading up from a somewhat basic Honda Fit. When I looked at the Si, I felt it to be quick and fun but lacking in luxury features. Its loud cabin and stiff ride also didn't fit what I was looking for. The GLI was the more refined choice, it had the luxury features I was looking for, but was still quick enough when I wanted to do some spirited driving. I was about to get the VW but it's higher price was an issue, I also wasn't thrilled on the high depreciation and lower reliability ratings. I remembered the ILX at the last minute and although its MSRP was higher, Acura dealers were willing to discount the car significantly and it made it less expensive than a GLI. I did lose the factory navigation but Acura's tech package is getting old anyways. The ILX effectively blends the sporting character of the Si but gives me that softer ride, higher quality interior, and premium features I was looking for. The 2.4L engine is smooth, quick to rev, and powerful pushing the lighter ILX to 60 quicker than the turbocharged and heavier GLI. I've been averaging 27 MPG in mostly city driving with a heavy foot. Overall, after a year of ownership, there are some things I want to change about the car, but there's also a lot of like and for those of you who want a small, efficient, and fun to drive luxury sedan the ILX 6-speed is a great choice."

I waited 2 weeks for the Fathom Blue color, it was worth the wait :)

If you owned a TSX you will not like the ILX

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "It does look nice"

Cons: "Overpriced Civic not worth 34k"

"I traded in my TSX and purchased an ILX Hybrid with Tech. I regret this purchase with all my heart and I am very close to taking a loss and trading it in I am that unhappy with it. The handling and breaking are nothing like the TSX, I am not even going to comment on the acceleration, it's a joke. The trunk is over 4 cubic feet smaller and the seats don't go down because there are batteries in the trunk. There is hardly any storage in the cabin, the only thing you could fit in the door would be a water bottle. The sound system sounds far from premium, the blue tooth is very poor quality, the tires are an inch smaller and look puny. I don't know what I was thinking buying this car. Oh and I haven't been able to get over 35 mpg highway yet. Acura made a big mistake with this car. IT IS NOT WORTH 34k, and I would NEVER recommend this to a friend, family member or a stranger. It's the worst feeling ever being so disappointed with a big purchase like this. If you owned a TSX and loved it then I promise you will hate the ILX."

A great looking luxury hybrid

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Car exterior looks, interior comfort"

Cons: "Hybrid stop/start kinetics are not the smoothest"

"I bought this 2013 ILX Hybrid with Technology packing as a CPO with 800 miles on it. For the price paid and the remaining warranty I am very happy with the value I received. I test drove a Accord, Civic, Focus and Countryman in my efforts to find a new car. Pro’s – great exterior look, very sporty. Comfortable front seats, nice leather. Great Mileage – for me averaging 40mpg. Decent back seat legroom. Great stereo system. Nice to have a USB input for my own songs. Cabin noise is low. Steering is very light, I like that but for some the road feel may be missing. Keyless entry and start. Back up camera. entertainment screen is of decent size. Hands free commands of phone, radio ect (still working on using this feature) Con’s - Stop/start w/ hybrid is a bit jerky ie let off the brake, motor comes on then accelerate. If you want to avoid this put the car in sport mode and the motor does not shut off at a stop. Some hesitation at certain speeds when accelerating (typically lower ones 5 -10 MPH). AC system Fan is controlled by up/down buttons, i would have preferred a turnable knob as i have to glance down to find these smallish buttons. Overall very happy and I am looking forward to driving this car for the next few years"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25