2013 Acura ILX Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,631 - $23,880.

10/7.1

8.4

Based on 14 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Great "little" luxury car.

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, styling"

Cons: "No memory front seats. no Apple interface"

"I really like this car after having an '01 3.2 CL Type S. It doesn't have the same refinement as the old CL (uses the Civic driveline), but the gas mileage picks up for that. I average 25,000 per year and I've been able to stay at 33.6 MPG combined for the entire time. The majority of my commute is highway, so YMMV. It drives just like I remember my CL to drive and having owned an '07 Accord prior to this, I'm looking forward to only having to change plugs at 100K. Nice that they are right on top too. I use AmsOil, so oil changes are every 25,000 miles with a new filter each time the oil minder light comes on. I've been able to run "regular" gas without any issues with drivability or mileage loss. No issues other than a recall a few months back, but I was in an Acura loaner (TSX) for the day while the work was done. Overall a very nice little car. Seating for 5 is a stretch with my 3 boys across the back (ages 10, 8, 6), so it really is just good for 4 regular sized adults."

So far not bad

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "nice seats, nice steering wheel, nice sound system"

Cons: "no power pass. seat, no turn signal side mirrors"

"Been reading a lot of the reviews, read one that did not like the sound system, funny when you buy entry level luxury car you don't the strip model you get the tech pkg. or you don't buy entry level cars, silly guy, anyway car is nice, great feel, no problems so far..."

ILX 2.0 Base model

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "reliable, smooth drive, entry level luxury"

Cons: "poor acceleration, poor sound system, overpriced"

"I don't not like this car, and going from a civic to this was nice, but the drive is a little to similar. In fact, I think my civic had a little more oomph when I pressed down on the pedal. I did use to have an RSX and was hoping this would be similar driving wise, which it is not. The standard features are nice, I love having a moonroof and blue tooth, but with a pricetag almost $10k more than my civic and only about $3k less then a BMW 3 or Audi3 it seems a little lacking. I hear that leather seats are included on the 2014 model which is a step in the right direction. Overall I like it enough to not be upset with my 36 month lease, and it looks nice enough that people take a second look, but I will most likely step up to a TSX or go for a BMW when the lease expires."

Great looks!

By on Friday, July 12, 2013

Pros: "Interior, sound system(on Premium Package"

Cons: "Highway sound could be quieter"

"Went from a 2011 VW Golf TDI to 2013 Acura IXL & though I miss my 44+ MPG on the TDI, this was a great choice! Regular drive is ok but when you shift to sport mode it's very nice. over all very firm & somewhat silk drive. Wish it was quieter on the highway"

Best looking and efficient hybrid on the market

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

Pros: "Premium Car, Great on Gas, spacious"

Cons: "Not excatly fast, no memory seats"

"We leased this vehicle out last year a month after going on sale. My wife has been driving it about 56 miles to work and back 5 days a week(yes us Californians with our crazy long commutes). I was skeptical with the advertised mileage at 39/38 city/hwy. But after almost a year it's been hitting that number over and over again! I've managed to squeeze 42 combined sometimes but in my opinion your not driving anymore if your trying to get to those numbers. After the MDX this this is SLOW, but after a civic, this feels rich! It's definitely the best looking hybrid for the price and comfort. Its an Acura and residual value is never a concern. I'm sure future revisions of the ILX will only get better!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25