2002 Acura CL

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

A sweetheart with a blemish

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

I own this car
Reason: I need a larger vehicle - My approximate mileage is 85,000

Pros: "Unique styling, quick & fun to drive."

Cons: "Transmission was a poor design & failed."

"I bought this '03 Acura CL new as a leftover in '04. It is the last 2 door coupe. I hadn't intended to buy this but it was love at first sight.I believe some cars have a soul & this girl truly does. She's quick, sleek & fun. The only negative is the transmission. I had to have it replaced & Michael at Acura USA pretended not to know of the obvious problems people have had. The small discs that separate the transmission discs come loose & plug the filter & the tranny fails. Other than that this car is really been great."

Very Reliable Car!

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

"I have had this car for over 3 years, and it has not given any problems. I got it with about 165,000 miles, and it now has over 220,000. It still runs perfect. It is an Acura afterall, which makes it very reliable."

Purchased in 2000. Nothing but happy with choice

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, quick, durable,"

Cons: "Rear seat access, cup holders in front"

"Bought new in 2000 , got new warranty transmission at 105K. No other problems for 13 years. I am looking to move to a new car, but fear anything new will never measure up to my Acura."

Love this Car!!!! 2001 CL Type S

By on Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Best car I've ever had!! 159,000 miles and still going strong... VERY strong!!! Auto trannies are a known problem, however simply change the fluid every 15-20K and no problem. LOVE THIS CAR. Wish they still made them, guess my next one will have 4 doors, will definitely still say Type S on the trunk again!! I own two other Acuras, and two Hondas. Best car company.... ever!!!!"

Great vehicle, great value

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Bought this car used in 2006 with about 20k miles on it and have put on about 40k more since then (early 2011) and I have hardly had any mechanical problems. The 6-CD player went out but was covered by the extended warrenty and replaced at no cost to me. Great power at low and mid rpms thanks to the VTEC engine. The first time I hit the gas in the test drive I was pleasantly surprised by the power. Also, I get great gas milage on the highway (~35 mpg) and decent enough in the city (~23). Super comfortable for short or long trips for 2 people. The backseats have decent enough leg room but getting in and out can be a bit of a pain, especially for those nimble. Power seats, sunroof, windows, climate-control are all standard and are no-nonsense to figure out. I'm looking to buy a new car and hope I am half as happy with my next purchase."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura CL near Honolulu. See local deals