2001 Acura CL

Based on 254 Ratings for the 2001 - 2003 models.

A sweetheart with a blemish

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

I own this car
Reason: I need a larger vehicle - My approximate mileage is 85,000

Pros: "Unique styling, quick & fun to drive."

Cons: "Transmission was a poor design & failed."

"I bought this '03 Acura CL new as a leftover in '04. It is the last 2 door coupe. I hadn't intended to buy this but it was love at first sight.I believe some cars have a soul & this girl truly does. She's quick, sleek & fun. The only negative is the transmission. I had to have it replaced & Michael at Acura USA pretended not to know of the obvious problems people have had. The small discs that separate the transmission discs come loose & plug the filter & the tranny fails. Other than that this car is really been great."

Purchased in 2000. Nothing but happy with choice

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, quick, durable,"

Cons: "Rear seat access, cup holders in front"

"Bought new in 2000 , got new warranty transmission at 105K. No other problems for 13 years. I am looking to move to a new car, but fear anything new will never measure up to my Acura."

Have loved it all 6 yrs we've owned it

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Always fun to drive. Luxurious"

Cons: "Hard to get in.out due to being a coupe."

"Purchased at about 1/2 of original MSRP as a certified vehicle, it has continued to drive like new for the 90,000 miles we've owned it. Handles great. Seems to never run out of power. We've loved the look; low and sleek. The seats cradle you and add to the "driver's car" feel. Mileage is exceptional for so much power and luxury: 20-22 city, 28-30 hwy (mostly depends on whether AC is needed). Complaints: Paint clear coat is wearing off despite car has been garaged. Seat belt retractor was replaced at purchase and weak again."

Great vehicle, great value

By on Saturday, February 12, 2011

"Bought this car used in 2006 with about 20k miles on it and have put on about 40k more since then (early 2011) and I have hardly had any mechanical problems. The 6-CD player went out but was covered by the extended warrenty and replaced at no cost to me. Great power at low and mid rpms thanks to the VTEC engine. The first time I hit the gas in the test drive I was pleasantly surprised by the power. Also, I get great gas milage on the highway (~35 mpg) and decent enough in the city (~23). Super comfortable for short or long trips for 2 people. The backseats have decent enough leg room but getting in and out can be a bit of a pain, especially for those nimble. Power seats, sunroof, windows, climate-control are all standard and are no-nonsense to figure out. I'm looking to buy a new car and hope I am half as happy with my next purchase."

Very Reliable Car!

By on Monday, January 17, 2011

"I have had this car for over 3 years, and it has not given any problems. I got it with about 165,000 miles, and it now has over 220,000. It still runs perfect. It is an Acura afterall, which makes it very reliable."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura CL near Honolulu. See local deals