1999 Acura CL

Based on 227 Ratings for the 1997 - 1999 models.

The best car for coupe

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth driving and leather seat"

Cons: "No defect"

"The 1997 Acura CL 3.0 is my first car and i love this car because it drink less gas. I also like exterior and interior design. The car drive very smooth and it shift very smooth. I never have transmission problem. I change oil on time before due date. Overall this car is very good car to own."

Acura - BAD TRANSMISSION!!

By on Saturday, August 25, 2007

"I purchased a new 1999 Acura 3.0 CL in central FL. The dealership performed all work done on this car. I never missed a scheduled maintenance appointment and have all records. At 67K miles, I'm on my fourth transmission! The dealership and Corporate Acura refused to anything to make this right, except an occasional free oil change (whoopie!). I loved the car, but after the way I was treated and they demonstrated NO customer loyalty, I would never buy another Acura. (BTW, google Acura transmission problems and be prepared!)."

I don't know why, but it keeps running.

By on Monday, November 30, 2015

Pros: "Powertrain"

Cons: "Everything else(non-powertrain)"

"So I'm not 100% sure why this thing keeps running, but it does. Its like the Terminator in, well, any of the Terminator movies. Face? Arm? Who needs those? I've owned the car for about 8 years now(meaning it was already 11 years old when it was purchased assuming it was built in 1996). This car has seen a LOT. Like, I'm talking about things normal cars shouldn't have to go through. Because I dont have a lot of money, I've torn out most of the un-needed bits as they stop functioning normally, or as I attempt to diagnose other issues. Catalytic converter? Gone. EGR valve? Gone. 02 sensor, Mass air flow sensor? Gone. A lot of the interior components have begun to break down, as can be expected on an older car. The windows no longer align properly in their tracking, the passenger door doesnt open. The cigarette lighter/charger doesnt work. Why did I rate it so high? The powertrain. Mother of god this thing wont give up. At one point I had an oil leak(again, not unusual in an older car) that was more serious than I realized. A couple months went by and I noticed the throttle wasnt very responsive and my floorboard was getting a bit warm. I stopped and checked my motor and found out that there was less than a liter of oil left in the motor. Filled it back up and its been running fine ever since. That was 2 years ago. I feel like things like that shouldn't just be "ok", but it was. Summary: The interior of this car is cheaply made. Its very plastic and cheap feeling. Knobs will break off. Dont buy it for the interior. Under the hood, you'll have some issues with parts and pieces. The alternator, radiator hoses, misc valves and sensors are all on bought time. The super expensive bits (motor and transmission) are in it for the long haul. If you're going to buy this car, buy it because you need a cheap car that is going to get you to work in the morning. Thats why its a 10/10."

Super Car

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Super Reliable, comfortable ride"

Cons: "Being a '99 its not going to have today's features"

"I bought my 1999 Acura CL 3.0 in 2003 with 20k miles. Eight years later, I am up to 92,000 miles and it has been absolutely trouble free. While it can't compare to the all the standard features and power of today's automobiles - it is still fun to drive and has never let me down."

My best

By on Sunday, October 02, 2011

"Ive had my car for 16yrs now. It still runs great. I bought it new when i was 21yrs old, now i am 35 and the car runs great."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Acura CL near Honolulu. See local deals